Here are the top five reasons it was the best day I’ve had post accident.
1. I was surrounded by family, friends and a group of people who love me very much.
2. I was working with a professional and dedicated adaptive ski team at Cannon Mountain and they were simply incredible.
3. Operating the Tetraski was challenging yet intuitive and very rewarding .
4. The sense of freedom! No time since my accident have I felt so free and in control. It’s hard to describe what it feels like but I’ve had so much taken away from me this was a gift.
5. Being in motion and feeling the wind against my face is something that will be burned into memory for as long as I live.